Ditto Forensic FieldStation
- Corporate security, law enforcement, military applications
- Discover, preview, and image files from hard drives and network file systems
- Physical Imaging of complete hard drives
- Automatic Logical Imaging of specific file types from hard drives and network file systems
- Fully networked remote operation
- Free feature upgrades (Download the latest Ditto® firmware.)
- Rugged, all-metal, silent fan-free construction
- Free 3-year warranty and no annual fees
The robust Ditto® is a trusted drive imager and digital forensics device that's perfect for digital investigation, eDiscovery, and data capture and analysis.
PRODUCT INFORMATIONTechnical Specs
||Ditto Forensic FieldStation
|Host (I/O) Ports
||(1) IDE/PATA -- source side
(1) USB 2.0
(3) eSATA -- one source, two destination -- up to 3 Gbps
(2) Gigabit (1000Base-T) Ethernet -- one source, one destination/GUI access
|Drive Types Supported
- PATA/IDE 2.5" drives (with included cable)
- PATA/IDE 3.5
- SATA 2.5" drives
- SATA 3.5" drives
- iSCSI (network attached SCSI)
- SATA SSD (solid state drives)
- SAS 2.5" drives (with SAS Expansion Module)
- SAS 3.5" drives (with SAS Expansion Module)
- Hitachi 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- Toshiba 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 18-TOSH)
- MacBook Air 2010 (with SATA Adapter)
- MSATA (with SATA Adapter)
- Mini PCIe PATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe SATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe USB (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- PCIe/NVMe (with adapter)
- USB Thumb Drives (Native USB 2.0, or USB 3.0 via Expansion Module)
- USB drives via USB cable (Native USB 2.0, or USB 3.0 via Expansion Module)
- FireWire drives via FireWire cable (with FireWire Expansion Module)
|Sector Size Compatibility
||Compatible with 512n drives as well as Advanced Format 4Kn and 512e type drives
|Supports S.M.A.R.T. disk info
|Number of LEDs
|Description of LEDs
|| Power in 5V/12V, USB, Source Network, IDE, eSATA, Expansion, HPA/DCO, Destination Network, eSATA A, eSATA B
||Four-line backlit LCD controlled with four soft-touch menu navigation buttons. Browser-based Ditto interface allows for direct operation, remote operation, and administration.
||4 lines x 24 characters width
||Yes (backlighting can be disabled using stealth switch)
||Disables all light output (LEDs/LCD). LCD readable with night-vision goggles.
||LCD/button driven menu system
|Web admin interface
||Operable from a web browser
|Operating system compatibility
||Windows XP or later
Mac OS X 10.4.x or higher
Most versions of Linux
|Allows HPA/DCO override
||Temporarily or permanently remove HPA/DCO
|Ambient humidity range
||5% to 95%, non-condensing
||2 position: On / Off
||40W 12V 3.33A DC
|Power input connector
||Barrel connector (center pin positive)
|SATA Power Input
|Molex Power Input
||4.92" x 6.77" x 1.72" (125mm x 172mm x 43.7mm)
||5.00 lbs. (2.27 kg)
||Yes (source side)
|Write Blocked ports
||eSATA (SATA), PATA/IDE, USB 2.0; other input types and drive types supported with Ditto Expansion Modules or drive adapters
||None, MD5, SHA-1, MD5 + SHA-1. Hash types are hardware-accelerated; can hash during image or clone.
||Clear Partition Table, Quick Erase, Custom Erase, Secure Erase Normal, Secure Erase Enhanced, DoD Clear, DoD Sanitize, NIST800-88 Clear, NIST800-88 Purge
|Image/clone output modes
||Single Drive Image, Single Drive Clone, Image and Clone, Image to mirrored disks, Clone to mirrored disks
||FCC, CE, RoHS, C-Tick, RCM
||CRU provides a 3-year limited warranty for this product.
||Your investment in CRU products is backed up by our free technical support for the lifetime of the product. If you need to contact us for any reason, visit cru-inc.com/support or call us at 1-800-260-9800 or +1-360-816-1800.
Resources and Documents
Stay home, send Ditto: Save time and money.
The hand-held Ditto Forensic FieldStation travels with you or a technician for use in creating local, remote, or networked disk clones and images, including logical imaging of user-selectable lists of files and folders. Configure and manage via network or on the unit itself. The Ditto FieldStation also helps you log user activity and maintain your chain of custody while using forensic (write-blocked) methods.
Flexibility and speed via browser-based interface
An easy-to-use web browser interface supports remote operation via network or VPN, providing access to Ditto configuration, user administration and user rights, as well as direct operation of Ditto cloning and imaging operations. This time- and money-saving capability speeds time to data capture, as well as allows organizations to optimize staffing and deployment.
Create logical and physical images in the field
The built-in menu system makes it easy to configure and perform forensic captures without an attached computer. Optionally, attach a computer for additional options such as generating complete listings of drive or file system contents to facilitate discovery, or automatically capture specific file types using the following Logical Image Modes:
- Manual select
- All files and directories
- All files not part of a Windows OS
- All files not part of a Windows OS or application
- All files from the Windows Users directory
- All temporary files created by Windows
- All files except Swap and Hibernate
- All most commonly used media files
- All Microsoft Office files and PDFs
- All financial files
- User-customized profiles
Suspect Inputs (write-blocked)
Ditto natively supports many write-blocked inputs: SATA, eSATA, PATA, USB2.0. Additional acquisition interfaces are available via expansion modules, such as the Ditto USB 3.0 Expansion Module and Ditto SAS Expansion Module.
Use dual SATA outputs simultaneously with same performance as one eSATA (single, dual and mirrored). Images can also be output to large volumes, including NAS and other network destinations, as well as portable RAID enclosures.
Data Acquisition Modes
Clone, DD, E01, L01 with MD5 or SHA-1 hashing. Ditto also offers a combined mode that captures a clone and DD or E01 (to different destination drives) in a single pass reading of the suspect drive.
Complete and Secure Erasure
Ditto is capable of sanitizing drives with preset erase modes or a user configurable pattern.
Water-resistant, dust-proof Pelican® custom carrying case available
Convenient, customized field kits are available for Ditto and accessories.
|Ditto Field Kit "D"
||This compact, rugged case features custom foam with slots for one Ditto, four expansion modules, plus accessories, with a little room left over for adding additional tools of your choice
|Ditto Field Kit "K"
||Also known as "Quad Ditto Carrying Case," this rolling, dust-proof, water-resistant case features custom foam with slots for up to 4 Dittos, expansion modules, write-blockers, and accessories
|Ditto Field Kit "L"
||Soft side zipper case
||This highly-portable kit includes slots for a Ditto, up to two pocket drives for target storage, a CD/DVD reader, accessories, and a Media WriteBlocker
Update your Ditto Forensic FieldStation
Make sure you have the most current features by downloading the latest Ditto Firmware.
NOTE: The CRU WiebeTech Ditto® Forensic FieldStation and its browser-based interface have been fully analyzed and verified to not be susceptible to either the Heartbleed bug or the Shellshock security hole. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Test drive a Ditto today
Take advantage of our unique ability to take control of an online demo unit!Included Items
- AC adapter & power cord
- (3) Unitized SAS/SATA-to-eSATA + MiniFit power cables
- IDE cable
- Legacy power cable
- Ethernet cable (RJ45)
- Legacy-to-SATA power adapter
- (2) eSATA cables
- (6) Velcro cable wraps
- SD card (pre-installed)
- Quick start guide
Products and Accessories
AES 256-bit encryption adapter accessory; works with v5/v5.5 Docks or Ditto products to encrypt attached drives
| || || ||
|Encryption keys included
part #: 31010-0430-0000
||Call 1-360-816-1800 or email us for ordering information for this item
|No encryption keys
part #: 31010-0430-0001
||Call 1-360-816-1800 or email us for ordering information for this item